Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
The Jakarta Post
The Directorate General of Taxation has collected 6.4 million taxpayers’ annual reports (SPTs) as of Tuesday out of this year’s total target of 14 million before the March 31 deadline.
This means that it needs to collect 700,000 SPTs each day on average.
Robert Pakpahan, the director general of taxation, expressed his optimism that his office would meet the target because taxpayers always submitted their reports days before the deadline.
“Many people delay submitting their SPTs. Many of them may still be collecting data, etc,” he said at the Public Works and Housing Ministry in Jakarta on Tuesday, as reported by kontan.co.id.
On Tuesday, Public Works and Housing Minister Basuki Hadimuljono submitted his SPTs. Robert said his office was encouraging taxpayers to immediately submit their reports by highlighting a number of noted taxpayers like President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and his ministers who have submitted their SPTs.
“For those people, who are ready, please submit the report immediately to avoid overcrowding in the days leading up to the deadline.”
Robert said taxpayers needed to accurately report their income and wealth to ensure that there would be no problem in the future.
He gave an example that an inaccurate report on taxpayers’ wealth could lead to problems for their heirs. “With an accurate report, at least, the heirs could tell tax officers that their parents’ wealth had been included in the SPT,” Robert added. (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high