Political parties, candidates turn to big data to win big
Sita W. Dewi and Stefanno Sulaiman
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Deep dive: Big data consulting company Drone Emprit founder Ismail Fahmi demonstrates big data crawling at a recent event in Jakarta.(JP/Wendra Ajistyatama)Until a few years ago, political actors relied mainly on surveys and pollsters to measure their electability and capture voters’ aspirations — but things have moved on from there. Today, computer algorithms and big data analysis play a new ...
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6-year-old girl over parents' quarrel: Police
- China to host Iranian president amid nuclear deal doubt