Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
The Jakarta Post
People grouped under JOSS, which stands for Jokowi and Susi Pudjiastuti, declared their support for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Susi as President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s running mate in the 2019 presidential election.
JOSS said Susi was more-than-qualified to be Jokowi’s running mate since she was smart, humble, had a strong character and a clean track record. Her leadership ability had been proven by her work as a minister, the group claimed.
“Susi Pudjiastuti has our full support to be the 2019 vice presidential candidate alongside President Jokowi,” JOSS deputy coordinator Kurnia told the media in a press conference on Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
The group’s coordinator, Akvar Setiawan, said JOSS had been formed around a month ago, consisting of young people and college students. He said the group was self-funded.
“We are independent and are the representatives of several areas,” he said.
Akvar said JOSS had yet to inform Susi personally about its support. (hol)
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report
- Minister Wiranto's grandson drowns in garden pond
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high