Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
The Jakarta Post
People grouped under JOSS, which stands for Jokowi and Susi Pudjiastuti, declared their support for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Susi as President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s running mate in the 2019 presidential election.
JOSS said Susi was more-than-qualified to be Jokowi’s running mate since she was smart, humble, had a strong character and a clean track record. Her leadership ability had been proven by her work as a minister, the group claimed.
“Susi Pudjiastuti has our full support to be the 2019 vice presidential candidate alongside President Jokowi,” JOSS deputy coordinator Kurnia told the media in a press conference on Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
The group’s coordinator, Akvar Setiawan, said JOSS had been formed around a month ago, consisting of young people and college students. He said the group was self-funded.
“We are independent and are the representatives of several areas,” he said.
Akvar said JOSS had yet to inform Susi personally about its support. (hol)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Instant Noodle Longform