City Council speaker reported to police for alleged fraud
The Jakarta Post
City Council Speaker Prasetio Edi Marsudi was reported to the Jakarta Police on April 30 by former Riau province secretary H. Zaini Ismail, who accused Prasetio of committing fraud.
According to the report, Zaini, who is being represented by lawyer William Albert Zai, reported Prasetio for allegedly tricking him into paying Rp 3.2 billion (US$ 227,785) in return for an acting governor or provincial secretary position.
“In 2014, Prasetio promised to make the victim [Zaini] an acting governor of Riau or keep him in his position as city secretary,” the report said, according to tribunnews.com.
Zaini, believing Prasetio, allegedly gave him the money in installments.
However, instead of being appointed acting governor, he was dismissed from his position as city secretary.
He then delivered letters of demand to Prasetio to ask him to return the money, but to no avail.
Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono confirmed on Monday that the police had received the report.
He said the police were still investigating the report. (cal/dmr)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world