City Council speaker reported to police for alleged fraud
The Jakarta Post
City Council Speaker Prasetio Edi Marsudi was reported to the Jakarta Police on April 30 by former Riau province secretary H. Zaini Ismail, who accused Prasetio of committing fraud.
According to the report, Zaini, who is being represented by lawyer William Albert Zai, reported Prasetio for allegedly tricking him into paying Rp 3.2 billion (US$ 227,785) in return for an acting governor or provincial secretary position.
“In 2014, Prasetio promised to make the victim [Zaini] an acting governor of Riau or keep him in his position as city secretary,” the report said, according to tribunnews.com.
Zaini, believing Prasetio, allegedly gave him the money in installments.
However, instead of being appointed acting governor, he was dismissed from his position as city secretary.
He then delivered letters of demand to Prasetio to ask him to return the money, but to no avail.
Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono confirmed on Monday that the police had received the report.
He said the police were still investigating the report. (cal/dmr)
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky