KPK questions Air Force personnel in chopper graft case
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has escalated its probe into a graft case related to the alleged procurement of a VIP helicopter between 2015 and 2016, scheduling a questioning of Indonesian Air Force personnel about the project.
“Investigators are set to question four personnel today [as witnesses] because they need more information regarding the procurement,” KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah said on Tuesday. He refused to reveal the identity of individuals scheduled for a questioning by the graft busters.
KPK investigators were also scheduled on Monday to question four other military personnel as witnesses to gather more evidence and information for the case. However, they skipped the questioning without any explanation.
Febri further said KPK investigators, who had been working along the military police in the case, were currently waiting for the Supreme Audit Agency (BPK) report on the state losses caused by the suspected graft case before they proceeded to the next step of their investigation.
Initial calculations revealed that the graft case had reportedly caused Rp 224 billion (US$15.9 million) in state losses.
Five Air Force personnel have been named suspects by the military police in the case, including former the Air Force chief of staff's planning assistant, First Marshal Supriyanto Basuki, for alleged insubordination, misuse of authority and embezzlement.
Meanwhile, the antigraft body accused Irfan Kurnia Saleh, the president director of PT Diratama Jaya Mandiri, which procured the chopper, of allegedly rigging the helicopter tender process from manufacturing company Agusta Westland to win the project. (ebf)
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand
- Trump lashes out at Russia probe as 'McCarthyism'
- Model claiming Trump secrets pleads not guilty in Thailand case
- Asian Games: We need more experience, says Indonesia wrestling team after failur...
- Four Japan athletes booted from Asian Games in prostitute scandal