Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
The Jakarta Post
The body of a 14-year-old teenager, identified as AL, has been found after AL allegedly jumped from on the 33rd floor of an apartment building in Setiabudi, South Jakarta.
The teenager's mother told the police that AL had complained about not understanding their Mandarin class at school.
Setiabudi Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Irwa Zaini said the incident occurred at 8 p.m. on Monday, when AL's mother reported to the police that her child was missing from their room.
After checking the apartment's CCTV security footage, police personnel searched the grounds and discovered AL's body lying facedown near one of the apartment blocks.
"According to the information we gathered, AL was depressed because [the teenager] could not [answer] the Mandarin test," said Irwa, adding that the police were investigating the case. (fac/wit)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?