Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
The Jakarta Post
The body of a 14-year-old teenager, identified as AL, has been found after AL allegedly jumped from on the 33rd floor of an apartment building in Setiabudi, South Jakarta.
The teenager's mother told the police that AL had complained about not understanding their Mandarin class at school.
Setiabudi Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Irwa Zaini said the incident occurred at 8 p.m. on Monday, when AL's mother reported to the police that her child was missing from their room.
After checking the apartment's CCTV security footage, police personnel searched the grounds and discovered AL's body lying facedown near one of the apartment blocks.
"According to the information we gathered, AL was depressed because [the teenager] could not [answer] the Mandarin test," said Irwa, adding that the police were investigating the case. (fac/wit)
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report
- Minister Wiranto's grandson drowns in garden pond
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky