109,165 cars leave Jakarta on Idul Fitri exodus
The Jakarta Post
State-owned toll operator PT Jasa Marga has announced that 109,165 cars left Jakarta in the annual Idul Fitri exodus on Saturday.
Another 100,000 cars were expected to leave Jakarta via the Cikarang tollgate on Sunday, Jasa Marga spokesman Dwimawan Heru said on Sunday as reported by tempo.co.
Heru said the number of cars leaving Jakarta on Sunday was 85 percent more than the usual weekend traffic, which was 58,851 cars.
Heru said many motorists also left Jakarta on Saturday as the official 10-day Idul Fitri holiday would start on June 11.
He said Jasa Marga had advised toll road users to make sure their e-toll cards had enough credit on them before entering tollgates to prevent traffic from building up.
“Top-up by cash at tollgates will only be offered in emergencies” he said. (ami)
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand
- Trump lashes out at Russia probe as 'McCarthyism'
- Model claiming Trump secrets pleads not guilty in Thailand case
- Asian Games: We need more experience, says Indonesia wrestling team after failur...
- Four Japan athletes booted from Asian Games in prostitute scandal