TransNusa launches first Central Java intercity flight
The Jakarta Post
TransNusa airline has launched on Monday a new route that connects the two Central Java cities of Semarang and Cilacap, which will use the ATR 72 twin-engine turboprop with a 50-seat capacity.
TransNusa president director Bayu Sutanto said the plane would serve the 40-minute route three times a week on Monday, Saturday and Sunday.
“The ticket prices range from Rp 300,000 (US$21.48) to Rp 900,000. We can increase the [plane's] capacity from 50 to 70 seats if there is high demand [for the route],” said Bayu.
The plane is scheduled to depart at 8:55 a.m. and 9:50 a.m. from Cilacap, and at 10:20 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. from Semarang.
Cilacap's Tunggul Wulung Airport has a runway measuring 1,400 x 30 meters that is managed by the Transportation Ministry’s service unit (UPT).
Government officials and businesspeople in the two cities are expected to comprise the main customers of the new route. “In Cilacap, there are a number of oil and gas companies, electricity power plants, a Holcim cement factory, maritime businesses and others. We hope that the fights will be full,” Bayu said.
Meanwhile, Cilacap Regent Tatto Suwarto Pamuji said the province's residents were extremely mobile, so the new route would be convenient.
“We need to drive eight hours to Semarang, while we only need about 40 minutes on the airplane, while to Jakarta, we need to drive 8 to 12 hours and it takes only about 45 minutes to fly [there],” he added. (bbn)
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world