Bandung beef prices remain stable ahead of Idul Fitri
The Jakarta Post
While Idul Fitri draws ever nearer, the price of beef in Bandung, West Java, has remained normal at Rp 80,000 (US$5.72) per kilogram for frozen beef and Rp 120,000 for fresh beef.
“We also have an adequate supply of beef,” said acting Bandung Mayor Muhamad Solihin after making an unannounced inspection on Monday evening at the Ciroyom slaughtering house (RPH) in Bandung .
The mayor explained that the frozen beef for consumers was of a quality akin to that of fresh beef, so people did not need to worry about consuming it.
Solihin said the slaughtering process at RPH Ciroyom used good, halal methods.
The prices for chicken and other prime commodities were also stable. At Ciroyom market, chicken is sold for Rp 40,000 per kg, shallots for Rp 30,000/kg and garlic for Rp 20,000/kg. Meanwhile, cabe rawit (bird’s eye chili) costs Rp 40,000/kg and Rp 25,000/kg for green chili.
“The price of Tanjung chilies, which are usually sold for Rp 40,000 to Rp 50,000 per kilogram, has increased to Rp 80,000. Hopefully, we can intervene and normalize the price,” said Solihin.
Bandung Food and Agriculture Agency head Elly Wasliah said chicken should cost Rp 36,000/kg. “So, Rp 40,000 per kilogram is still reasonable. We will investigate if the price is above that,” said Elly. (ebf)
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Google launches special features for Asian Games 2018
- Cricket hero Imran Khan sworn in as Pakistan PM
- National Folk Museum of Korea to bring ‘mobile museums’ to Asian Games
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi opens Asian Games in dazzling ceremony
- Asian Games: Japanese athletes, officials comfortable staying in athletes villag...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program