Suspected suicide committed at Depok gas station
The Jakarta Post
An unidentified man was found dead at a gas station toilet in Depok, West Java, on Tuesday evening in a suspected suicide.
“He either slashed or stabbed himself,” said Pancoran Mas Police chief Comr. Roni Agus Wowor, as quoted by kompas.com on Wednesday.
“People became suspicious at around 9 p.m. when they knocked on the door”, Agus added, “When [the door was] opened, the victim was already lying on the floor.”
He said the police suspected the cause of death to be suicide after inspecting the CCTV footage and seeing nobody else enter the bathroom besides the man. Agus also said, “The CCTV shows that he alone entered the bathroom, wearing a helmet, and did not come out until the door was forced open. So this is most likely a suicide.”
Agus has yet to reveal the identity of the victim and what evidence has been obtained from the case. He said the head of criminal investigations would be the one to release a statement. (acr)
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says