Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says
Taliban militants killed 30 security forces in an ambush on two checkpoints in the farwestern province of Badghis early on Wednesday, the provincial governor said, their first major attack since the their Eid ceasefire.
The Taliban's three-day ceasefire ended on Sunday.
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high