Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says
Taliban militants killed 30 security forces in an ambush on two checkpoints in the farwestern province of Badghis early on Wednesday, the provincial governor said, their first major attack since the their Eid ceasefire.
The Taliban's three-day ceasefire ended on Sunday.
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police