Suspected thief arrested while celebrating Idul Fitri at home
The Jakarta Post
An alleged thief that has been wanted by the police for over a year was arrested at his home in Tambun Selatan, Bekasi, while celebrating Idul Fitri.
Bekasi Police General Crimes Division head Sr. Comr. Jarius Saragih said the suspect was allegedly involved in a breaking-and-entering case in a house in Margahayu subdistrict, East Bekasi, back in January 2017. The suspect allegedly carried out the crime with two accomplices.
“The victim suffered millions of rupiah in losses,” said Jarius on Friday as quoted by tempo.co.
He added that the police had actually identified the suspects, but faced difficulty in locating them. Every time the police came to the suspect's house, he was never around.
“We believed that he would be at home during Idul Fitri,” said Jarius, adding that their assumption turned out to be correct.
“We immediately arrested the suspect, who made no attempt to resist,” he said.
According to Jarius, the suspect and his accomplices broke into the empty house using a crowbar. The group took jewelry, cash and dozens of watches.
The police, however, did not reveal further information about the suspect's accomplices.
The suspect will be charged under the Criminal Code's Article 363 on theft, which carries a maximum seven-year prison term. (iwa)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes