‘Delman’ must stay away from Central Jakarta during Asian Games: Governor
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has prohibited delman (horse-drawn buggies) from operating in Central Jakarta during the Asian Games in August.
“Starting from Aug. 1 until Sept. 30, there should be no delman operating in Central Jakarta, especially in the National Monument [Monas] area,” said Central Jakarta Maritime, Fishery and Food Security Agency (KPKP) head Bayu Sari Hastuti, quoting the governor.
The measure was taken to avoid the possible transmission of equine viruses from delman horses to those competing in the Games, Bayu added
Horses that are set to race in the Asian Games, meanwhile, will be housed in a stable in Rawamangun, East Jakarta.
“The stable is located 10 kilometer away from the race venue. We will direct them to Kota Tua in West Jakarta and Ragunan in South Jakarta,” she said as reported by wartakota.tribunnews.com on Monday.
“I’ve passed the instruction along to delman owners. Of the 60 delman owners, we’ve approached 51 of them,” she said, emphasizing that sanctions awaited those who violate the temporary rule. (vla)
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- 5 ways to increase your lung capacity