‘Delman’ must stay away from Central Jakarta during Asian Games: Governor
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has prohibited delman (horse-drawn buggies) from operating in Central Jakarta during the Asian Games in August.
“Starting from Aug. 1 until Sept. 30, there should be no delman operating in Central Jakarta, especially in the National Monument [Monas] area,” said Central Jakarta Maritime, Fishery and Food Security Agency (KPKP) head Bayu Sari Hastuti, quoting the governor.
The measure was taken to avoid the possible transmission of equine viruses from delman horses to those competing in the Games, Bayu added
Horses that are set to race in the Asian Games, meanwhile, will be housed in a stable in Rawamangun, East Jakarta.
“The stable is located 10 kilometer away from the race venue. We will direct them to Kota Tua in West Jakarta and Ragunan in South Jakarta,” she said as reported by wartakota.tribunnews.com on Monday.
“I’ve passed the instruction along to delman owners. Of the 60 delman owners, we’ve approached 51 of them,” she said, emphasizing that sanctions awaited those who violate the temporary rule. (vla)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack