Indonesia seeks peace in South China Sea
Dian Septiari and Novan Iman Santosa
The Jakarta Post
Amid rising tensions in the disputed South China Sea, claimed in most part by China, efforts to seek peace have become part of Indonesia’s defense diplomacy, Defense Minister Ryamizard Ryacudu said on Wednesday.
He said Indonesian defense diplomacy was implemented through a friendly approach to the four great powers in the Indo-Pacific region: the United States, China, Russia and ASEAN.
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?