Colored road separators should be only temporary: Police
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has painted road separators in bright colors as part of its city-beautification plan in several places across the capital.
The Jakarta Police traffic directorate chief, Sr. Comr. Yusuf said that making road dividers colorful was tolerable in welcoming and enlivening certain events, including the Asian Games.
"It depends on the purpose. If it is aimed at the Asian Games, it could be allowed but for the period of the event only," he said at the Jakarta Police headquarters on Tuesday.
He said that he had received a notice from the city administration regarding the plan to brighten up some road dividers and walls to welcome the upcoming Asian Games, slated to kick off on Aug. 18. However, he said the administration should immediately return them to the default black-and-white design once the Games are over.
The colorful road separators can be found on Jl. Warung Jati Barat in South Jakarta, on Jl. Raya Mabes Hankam and near Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (TMII) recreational park in East Jakarta. The administration, however, has begun returning them to black and white, citing safety reasons.
"There are certain rules on road markings and I was informed that these should be adhered to," Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan said on Tuesday. (fac)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Russia warns US it is 'playing with fire' with sanctions
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang dead at 61: State media
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world