Fire hits Asian Games venue in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A fire gutted a storeroom near the Jakarta International Velodrome in Rawamangun, East Jakarta, on Thursday at around 6:15 p.m.
Eleven fire trucks were deployed to extinguish the blaze. The fire was fully extinguished at around 7 p.m.
According to the Fire Command Center, the fire did not burn any parts of the velodrome, which will be used for the Asian Games.
No casualties were reported during the incident, the command center said. (cal)
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route