Fire hits Asian Games venue in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A fire gutted a storeroom near the Jakarta International Velodrome in Rawamangun, East Jakarta, on Thursday at around 6:15 p.m.
Eleven fire trucks were deployed to extinguish the blaze. The fire was fully extinguished at around 7 p.m.
According to the Fire Command Center, the fire did not burn any parts of the velodrome, which will be used for the Asian Games.
No casualties were reported during the incident, the command center said. (cal)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world