Construction of Tanah Abang sky bridge commences
The Jakarta Post
Construction of a sky bridge that will connect Tanah Abang Station in Central Jakarta and all the local market's blocks officially begun on Friday morning, an executive has said.
President director of PD Pembangunan Sarana Jaya, Yoory C. Pinontoan, told The Jakarta Post on Friday that the company had officially started the construction by doing a topography study and measurement and soil test.
Yoory said 80 percent of the work had been done at a factory that manufactured components of the sky bridge.
“When the component work is done, the factory will send them to Tanah Abang, and we will assemble them onsite. Thus, there will not be any significant disruption to market activity around the construction site,” he said.
“We have divided the construction site into four zones, with each being 100 meters in length. We are starting with zone A, which is located near Blok G of the market.”
He also said that tenants whose stalls were affected by the construction work would be moved to another zone during the work.
“We target to spend only 10 workdays per zone,” he said, adding that he targeted the sky bridge to be ready by Oct. 15.
Jl. Jatibaru will be affected during the construction work. From 4 a.m. to 7 p.m., part of the road will be closed, while between 7 p.m. and 4 a.m. the road will be totally closed.
The 400-meter bridge is costing about Rp 35 billion (US$2.4 million) to build. (gis)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says