Bank Mandiri to issue Rp 3t shelf registration bonds
The Jakarta Post
State-owned lender Bank Mandiri plans to issue shelf registration bonds (PUB) I phase III, with the target of obtaining Rp 3 trillion (US$207.79 million), a bank executive said.
From the PUB I phase I issuance in 2016, the bank managed to collect Rp 5 trillion, while from PUB I phase II issuance last year, it collected Rp 6 trillion.
The proceeds from this year's bond issuance would be used to strengthen the bank’s funding structure and to expand its loan disbursement, Mandiri financial executive officer Panji Irawan said in Jakarta on Wednesday.
“The purpose [of the bond issuance] is to expand loan disbursement. It will be good if Mandiri has a source of funds with five-year tenor for funding diversification, not only from third-party funds,” he added.
Meanwhile, Mandiri treasury and international banking director Darmawan Junaidi said the bonds would have five-year tenor with a coupon rate of between 7.75 to 8.50 percent that was paid quarterly.
The book-building period would be from Aug. 8 to 24, while the public offering was expected to be held from Sept. 14 to 17, he added.
The lender has appointed six securities companies as underwriters -- Mandiri Sekuritas, Bahana Sekuritas, BCA sekuritas, BNI Sekuritas, Danareksa Sekuritas and Trimegah Sekuritas. (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October