Bank Mandiri to issue Rp 3t shelf registration bonds
The Jakarta Post
State-owned lender Bank Mandiri plans to issue shelf registration bonds (PUB) I phase III, with the target of obtaining Rp 3 trillion (US$207.79 million), a bank executive said.
From the PUB I phase I issuance in 2016, the bank managed to collect Rp 5 trillion, while from PUB I phase II issuance last year, it collected Rp 6 trillion.
The proceeds from this year's bond issuance would be used to strengthen the bank’s funding structure and to expand its loan disbursement, Mandiri financial executive officer Panji Irawan said in Jakarta on Wednesday.
“The purpose [of the bond issuance] is to expand loan disbursement. It will be good if Mandiri has a source of funds with five-year tenor for funding diversification, not only from third-party funds,” he added.
Meanwhile, Mandiri treasury and international banking director Darmawan Junaidi said the bonds would have five-year tenor with a coupon rate of between 7.75 to 8.50 percent that was paid quarterly.
The book-building period would be from Aug. 8 to 24, while the public offering was expected to be held from Sept. 14 to 17, he added.
The lender has appointed six securities companies as underwriters -- Mandiri Sekuritas, Bahana Sekuritas, BCA sekuritas, BNI Sekuritas, Danareksa Sekuritas and Trimegah Sekuritas. (bbn)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper