Dem exec accuses Sandiaga of trying to undermine Prabowo
Karina M. Tehusijarana
The Jakarta Post
Democratic Party executive Andi Arief has tweeted out yet another controversial statement, this time accusing Jakarta Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno of trying to scupper Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto's presidential candidacy.
"One day an emissary from Sandi Uno was sent to meet with me to change the Prabowo-AHY [Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono] nomination to Sandi-AHY," Andi tweeted on Thursday. "I told SBY [Democratic Party chairman Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono] and SBY said 'I will never betray Prabowo'."
He added that despite the rumored pairing of Prabowo and Sandiaga, the Democratic Party was still a part of Gerindra's coalition.
"Even though the Democratic Party believes that Prabowo is going the wrong way, up to this afternoon we are still part of his coalition," he tweeted.
Sandiaga did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
The tweets are somewhat more conciliatory than Andi's posts on Wednesday night, when he derided Prabowo as a "cardboard general" for reportedly picking Sandiaga as his running mate.
He also accused Sandiaga of paying off the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) and the National Mandate Party (PAN).
Gerindra, PKS and PAN have denied the accusation. (swd)
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister to visit Indonesia
- In China's Catholic heartland, Vatican deal brings Communist Party closer
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- FBI leaker jailed for four years
- Trump says Saudi journalist likely dead, warns of 'severe' response
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020