Dem exec accuses Sandiaga of trying to undermine Prabowo
Karina M. Tehusijarana
The Jakarta Post
Democratic Party executive Andi Arief has tweeted out yet another controversial statement, this time accusing Jakarta Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno of trying to scupper Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto's presidential candidacy.
"One day an emissary from Sandi Uno was sent to meet with me to change the Prabowo-AHY [Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono] nomination to Sandi-AHY," Andi tweeted on Thursday. "I told SBY [Democratic Party chairman Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono] and SBY said 'I will never betray Prabowo'."
He added that despite the rumored pairing of Prabowo and Sandiaga, the Democratic Party was still a part of Gerindra's coalition.
"Even though the Democratic Party believes that Prabowo is going the wrong way, up to this afternoon we are still part of his coalition," he tweeted.
Sandiaga did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
The tweets are somewhat more conciliatory than Andi's posts on Wednesday night, when he derided Prabowo as a "cardboard general" for reportedly picking Sandiaga as his running mate.
He also accused Sandiaga of paying off the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) and the National Mandate Party (PAN).
Gerindra, PKS and PAN have denied the accusation. (swd)
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s