Market gives nod to candidates
Winny Tang, Rachmadea Aisyah and Marchio Irfan Gorbiano
The Jakarta Post
As they hope for an improved economic outlook, investors and businesspeople have given a green light toward the presidential and vice presidential candidates, with positive sentiments seen in the domestic stock market amid global uncertainty.
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo picked on Thursday a religious figure, Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) chairman Ma’ruf Amin, as his running mate f...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free