Chinese national nabbed for street vending at GBK
The Jakarta Post
Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) officers arrested a Chinese national, identified as Liu Jigao, 38, for selling stickers and small flags of 2018 Asian Games competing countries on the sidewalks of Gelora Bung Karno (GBK) sports complex in Central Jakarta on Monday.
Setiabudi district Satpol PP officer, Irlangga, said Liu was arrested at 11 a.m.
“The suspect sold flags and stickers. At first, we informed him not to sell on the sidewalks. We sent him away a few times, but he persisted [to sell on the sidewalks],” Irlangga said, kompas.com reported on Monday.
He said the officers had seen Liu walking around on the sidewalks in the GBK area, but did not know yet that he was a street vendor (PKL).
“We [were informed by the Games committee] that he [Liu] had been selling items,” Irlangga said.
He said Liu had been arrested and taken to a nearby Satpol PP post at GBK.
He added that Liu had been handed over to the police after Satpol PP officers questioned him, assisted by Google Translate.
“When we arrested him, he only said that he was sorry,” Irlangga said. (ami)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October