Chinese national nabbed for street vending at GBK
The Jakarta Post
Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) officers arrested a Chinese national, identified as Liu Jigao, 38, for selling stickers and small flags of 2018 Asian Games competing countries on the sidewalks of Gelora Bung Karno (GBK) sports complex in Central Jakarta on Monday.
Setiabudi district Satpol PP officer, Irlangga, said Liu was arrested at 11 a.m.
“The suspect sold flags and stickers. At first, we informed him not to sell on the sidewalks. We sent him away a few times, but he persisted [to sell on the sidewalks],” Irlangga said, kompas.com reported on Monday.
He said the officers had seen Liu walking around on the sidewalks in the GBK area, but did not know yet that he was a street vendor (PKL).
“We [were informed by the Games committee] that he [Liu] had been selling items,” Irlangga said.
He said Liu had been arrested and taken to a nearby Satpol PP post at GBK.
He added that Liu had been handed over to the police after Satpol PP officers questioned him, assisted by Google Translate.
“When we arrested him, he only said that he was sorry,” Irlangga said. (ami)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends
- 'Asia Sentinel' apologizes to Yudhoyono, Dems
- Five destinations to be developed into one geopark
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world