Student killed during brawl in Bekasi
The Jakarta Post
An SMK Karya Bahana Mandiri vocational high school student was killed in a brawl between his school and SMK Pijar Alam, which took place on Jl. Raya Sumur Batu in Bekasi, West Java, on Aug. 16.
Bekasi Police deputy chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Wijonarko said two other students suffered severe injuries to their arms and heads during the brawl.
“IP died at the scene, while the other two victims are currently getting medical treatment in hospital,” he said on Tuesday as quoted by kompas.com.
On Sunday, the police arrested five SMK Pijar Alam students and seized five sickles, a golf club and five mobile phones as evidence.
Those arrested will be charged under Article 70 of the Criminal Code, which carries a maximum sentence of 12 years in prison.
Also in West Java on Sunday, Depok Police’s Jaguar team, which is tasked to combat street crime, detained three teenagers who were allegedly planning a brawl in Cipayung, Depok. The police officers also confiscated three swords. (vla)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...
- Garuda Indonesia records best OTP in Asia Pacific