Missing Chinese woman found dead in Central Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A Chinese woman that had been missing since Thursday was found dead in a hotel room in Gambir, Central Jakarta, on Sunday, an official has said.
Taman Sari Police criminal division head Ajd. Comr. Rango Siregar said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com that the woman was reported missing by her family member, also a Chinese national, who lived near her at Mediterania Apartment in Taman Sari, West Jakarta.
“Her family went to the Taman Sari Police accompanied by a translator,” Rango said.
According to the report, the victim had lived in the apartment since last year and worked as a freelancer. She left the apartment on Thursday and was not seen until Sunday, when she was found dead with multiple stab wounds in a hotel room in Gambir.
The hotel’s CCTV footage and an explanation from the hotel staff indicate that the woman checked in on Thursday, accompanied by a man who wore a surgical mask. (gis)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Instant Noodle Longform
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves