Missing Chinese woman found dead in Central Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A Chinese woman that had been missing since Thursday was found dead in a hotel room in Gambir, Central Jakarta, on Sunday, an official has said.
Taman Sari Police criminal division head Ajd. Comr. Rango Siregar said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com that the woman was reported missing by her family member, also a Chinese national, who lived near her at Mediterania Apartment in Taman Sari, West Jakarta.
“Her family went to the Taman Sari Police accompanied by a translator,” Rango said.
According to the report, the victim had lived in the apartment since last year and worked as a freelancer. She left the apartment on Thursday and was not seen until Sunday, when she was found dead with multiple stab wounds in a hotel room in Gambir.
The hotel’s CCTV footage and an explanation from the hotel staff indicate that the woman checked in on Thursday, accompanied by a man who wore a surgical mask. (gis)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route