Woman shot on Bandung toll road
The Jakarta Post
The Bandung Police in West Java are currently investigating the shooting of a woman on the Pasteur toll road at dawn on Friday.
“We have instructed the investigation unit to dig deeper into this case,” Bandung Police chief Comr. Irman Sugema told The Jakarta Post.
According to the police, the 21-year-old victim, identified only as H, visited a nightclub in Dago, Bandung, along with four friends. In the club, one male friend of H became involved in an argument with two strangers. The nightclub’s parking officer helped break up the quarrel.
At around 4 a.m., H and her friends left the nightclub by car. While heading to Purwakarta, West Java, on the Pasteur toll road, an unidentified gunman opened fire on the car.
H was sitting in the back on the right-hand side of the car when the incident took place. The bullet hit her in the back of the neck. She was immediately taken to the Dustira Hospital prior to being transferred to Hasan Sadikin Hospital on Friday afternoon.
Hasan Sadikin Hospital’s head of emergency, Dodi Tavianto, said H was suffering from serious blood loss when admitted to the hospital. (sau/ahw)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium