UGM team targets top 3 in Student Formula Japan 2018
The Jakarta Post
Gadjah Mada University’s (UGM) Bimasakti racing team aims to place among the top three in the Student Formula Japan (SFJ) 2018, which opens on Sept. 4 and runs through Sept. 8 in Shizuoka.
UGM team spokesperson Andhira Jyesta said the student team had departed for Japan over the weekend. “They comprise 20 students and two lecturers as supervisors,” Andhira said on Tuesday.
Earlier, team captain Fajar Fitrahadi Danda said that the team had started preparing for the event in September 2017, and had finished manufacturing and assembling its formula-style vehicle by the end of May 2018. The team named it Bimasakti (Milky Way).
“Since [May], we have focused on running test drives to improve the performances of both our car and driver,” Fajar said during the Bimasakti's roll-out ceremony prior to the team's departure for Japan.
He added the seventh generation of the Bimasakti was lighter, more agile and more aerodynamic than its predecessors.
Fajar believed that the UGM team had improved upon the vehicle's design and performance over the last three years following a series of setbacks that forced the team to miss out on the 2015 Formula SAE.
The following year, after making several improvements to the vehicle, the UGM team placed the highest among Southeast Asian participants in SFJ. In 2017 it won the 2nd Best Design among Southeast Asian teams. (evi)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Next US House foreign affairs chief vows to check Trump, warns Russia
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC