Truck gets stuck on damaged West Jakarta footbridge
The Jakarta Post
A trailer truck got stuck on a footbridge in Jembatan Gantung, West Jakarta, on Saturday, causing further damage to the bridge after it was hit by a different truck last week.
The footbridge, which connects Jl. Daan Mogot to the Jembatan Gantung Transjakarta Station, is now closed to pedestrians and Transjakarta commuters.
“It can’t be used anymore because it is too dangerous,” said Wibowo, head of city-owned bus operator PT Transjakarta, as quoted by kompas.com.
The incident also caused a traffic jam along the road on Saturday morning.
To help pedestrians cross the street or reach the bus shelter, bus lane separators will be reopened, he added.
Transjakarta personnel will be posted on the street to help passengers and pedestrians cross the street safely.
Wibowo said that he was in talks with road agency Bina Marga to quickly restore the footbridge.
Separately, West Jakarta Mayor Rustam Effendi said any repairs made on the footbridge would first require approval from the Jakarta governor. (gis)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Russia warns US it is 'playing with fire' with sanctions
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang dead at 61: State media
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world