Truck gets stuck on damaged West Jakarta footbridge
The Jakarta Post
A trailer truck got stuck on a footbridge in Jembatan Gantung, West Jakarta, on Saturday, causing further damage to the bridge after it was hit by a different truck last week.
The footbridge, which connects Jl. Daan Mogot to the Jembatan Gantung Transjakarta Station, is now closed to pedestrians and Transjakarta commuters.
“It can’t be used anymore because it is too dangerous,” said Wibowo, head of city-owned bus operator PT Transjakarta, as quoted by kompas.com.
The incident also caused a traffic jam along the road on Saturday morning.
To help pedestrians cross the street or reach the bus shelter, bus lane separators will be reopened, he added.
Transjakarta personnel will be posted on the street to help passengers and pedestrians cross the street safely.
Wibowo said that he was in talks with road agency Bina Marga to quickly restore the footbridge.
Separately, West Jakarta Mayor Rustam Effendi said any repairs made on the footbridge would first require approval from the Jakarta governor. (gis)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Next US House foreign affairs chief vows to check Trump, warns Russia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC