University student dies after falling from 5th floor
The Jakarta Post
A Bina Nusantara (Binus) University student named Richardo Reynardi died on Thursday after falling from the fifth floor of a building located in the school’s Alam Sutera campus in Tangerang, Banten.
According to Cipondoh Police chief Comr. Sutrisno, the incident was an accident and not a suicide as previously speculated.
However, he conceded that the fall had not been caught by security cameras.
“At that time, Alfian Alhudri, the campus’ security officer, heard a loud noise. When he arrived at the source of the noise, he saw the student [on the ground], lifeless,” Sutrisno said as quoted by tempo.co.
Sutrisno said the police have seized Reynardi’s belongings, including his backpack, cell phone, ID and ATM card, which were found on 19th floor of the building.
The student’s family has retrieved his body from the hospital, he added.
Reynardi was 21 years old when he died. He was in his final year of studying international business management at Binus University. (gis)
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister to visit Indonesia
- In China's Catholic heartland, Vatican deal brings Communist Party closer
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Three expat teachers detained in Balikpapan for visa violations
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history
- US 'saddened' Saudi journalist dead, no mention of action