10 more strategic projects to be completed this year
The Jakarta Post
The Committee for Accelerated Infrastructure Development (KPPIP) plans to complete 10 strategic projects by the end of 2018.
KPPIP chairman Wahyu Utomo said in Nusa Dua, Bali, that the 10 latest projects would bring to 40 the number of strategic projects completed within the period of 2016 to 2018.
“We may need to note that 44 projects and one program on electricity have [begun operations], although they have not been declared as complete projects,” Wahyu said on Tuesday as quoted by Antara.
He said the government was targeting to complete 66 projects listed in the National Strategic Projects (PSN) program by the third quarter of 2019, while 93 other projects and two programs were under construction.
The projects completed so far this year include the Prabumulih-Kertapati railway connection in South Sumatra and the Raknamo Dam in East Nusa Tenggara.
Meanwhile, the projects that had started operations although they had not been fully completed include Kertajati International Airport in West Java, Tanju Dam in West Nusa Tenggara, Gempol-Pasuran toll road in East Java, the western package of the Palapa Ring broadband project, the Bakauheni-Terbanggi Besar toll road in Lampung and the Bogor Ring toll road in West Java.
The government has identified 223 projects and three programs as PSN, requiring investment of an estimated Rp 4.15 quadrillion (US$272 billion). Meanwhile, the government has only allocated Rp 428 trillion from the state budget for the projects. (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says