Man dies in traffic accident involving Transjakarta bus
The Jakarta Post
A Honda Scoopy motorcyclist died in a traffic accident after being hit by a Transjakarta bus on Jl. Gatot Subroto on Saturday.
The incident occurred at 1:35 p.m. when the victim fell off his bike.
“The motorcycle fell to the left while its driver fell to the right, just as a Transjakarta bus passed by,” Jakarta Traffic Police law enforcement division head Sr. Adj. Comr. Budiyanto said on Saturday, kompas.com reported.
He said the left rear tire of the bus ran over the victim, who suffered a heavy wound to his head.
“The victim died on the spot,” Budiyanto said.
He said the victim’s body was transported to Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital for an autopsy and the Transjakarta bus driver, Anis Yusnipar, was questioned by the police. (ami)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC