Free buses for TIM's 50th anniversary celebration
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
PT Transjakarta is set to provide free shuttle buses to make it easier for people to go to Taman Ismail Marzuki (TIM) for its 50th anniversary celebration on Saturday and Sunday.
PT Transjakarta operational director Daud Joseph said the buses would be ready at Cikini Station. The shuttle buses will pass Jl. Teuku Umar, Jl. Cikini Raya and Gondangdia Station.
Therefore, people coming from Bogor in West Java, for instance, can easily go to TIM from Cikini or Gondangdia stations.
People can use the free buses from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
“We will provide free buses to support the event,” Daud said at a press conference at TIM on Monday.
The number of buses provided will depend on the number of people going to the event. Should there be a lot of people heading to TIM, Transjakarta will provide more buses, so the bus headway does not exceed 10 minutes.
TIM’s 50th anniversary, which is themed Seni Bersama, Bersama Seni (doing art together, together with art) will be celebrated from Wednesday to Sunday.
The event will feature prominent artists such as White Shoes and the Couples Company, Kunto Aji, Maliq & D'Essentials, and a performance of wayang kulit (shadow puppets).
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC