MRT depot to be built at planned BMW Stadium
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has confirmed that, instead of building an MRT depot in Kampung Bandan, it will build one at the planned multifunctional BMW Stadium in Sunter, North Jakarta, due to land issues.
"There are still ongoing land disputes in Kampung Bandan," Anies said on Tuesday as reported by kompas.com.
According to Anies, the disputes had hindered land-acquisition efforts, which might affect the second stage of MRT construction early next year.
"We have decided to build it at the dispute-free BMW Stadium," he added.
MRT president director William P. Sabandar previously said there was a possibility for the depot to be built at BMW Stadium. He said he expected the issue to be settled by March 2019, allowing the company to begin a feasibility study ahead of construction. (ars)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says