Sriwijaya Air to offer new routes from Lampung
The Jakarta Post
Private carrier Sriwijaya Air is set to open new domestic routes from Lampung to Yogyakarta in Central Java and to Surabaya in East Java starting from March 22.
Available daily, the new service marks the airline's network expansion and efforts to increase the domestic flight market's potential, particularly in Sumatra.
"Hopefully this new service will be of help to passengers who want to travel directly to Yogyakarta and Surabaya as they will no longer have to transit in Jakarta," said PT Sriwijaya Air Group senior corporate communications manager Agus Soedjono as quoted by kompas.com on Wednesday.
Both flights will be available once per day using Boeing 737-300, which can accommodate 148 economy-class passengers. (kes)
- Bali welcomes Barack Obama and family
- It’s official, Idul Fitri is tomorrow
- No merry Idul Fitri celebration for Ahmadiyah followers in Depok
- Minister, MUI call for peaceful Idul Fitri sermons
- Malaysian PM to vacation in Bali after Obama
- Food prices spike in Jakarta a day before Idul Fitri
- Jokowi to stay in Jakarta for Idul Fitri
- Ahmadiyah mosque in Depok vandalized ahead of Idul Fitri
- JICA calls for stronger unity in ASEAN to exert bigger power
- Surakarta terminal sees decline in bus passengers