Sriwijaya Air to offer new routes from Lampung
The Jakarta Post
Private carrier Sriwijaya Air is set to open new domestic routes from Lampung to Yogyakarta in Central Java and to Surabaya in East Java starting from March 22.
Available daily, the new service marks the airline's network expansion and efforts to increase the domestic flight market's potential, particularly in Sumatra.
"Hopefully this new service will be of help to passengers who want to travel directly to Yogyakarta and Surabaya as they will no longer have to transit in Jakarta," said PT Sriwijaya Air Group senior corporate communications manager Agus Soedjono as quoted by kompas.com on Wednesday.
Both flights will be available once per day using Boeing 737-300, which can accommodate 148 economy-class passengers. (kes)
- Ahok, sex, and a ghost story of democracy
- BREAKING NEWS: Explosions hit East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Eyewitness hears "two explosions" erupt in East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Suicide bomber, policeman killed in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- BREAKING NEWS: Police say explosions a suicide bombing
- Chaos erupts after suspected bomb blasts strike Kampung Melayu bus terminal
- Portrait of Myanmar's 'Buddhist Bin Laden' chills Cannes
- EDITORIAL: In step with the Nazis?
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Officers hit by suicide bomb guarding pre-Ramadhan parade: Police