Sriwijaya Air to offer new routes from Lampung
The Jakarta Post
Private carrier Sriwijaya Air is set to open new domestic routes from Lampung to Yogyakarta in Central Java and to Surabaya in East Java starting from March 22.
Available daily, the new service marks the airline's network expansion and efforts to increase the domestic flight market's potential, particularly in Sumatra.
"Hopefully this new service will be of help to passengers who want to travel directly to Yogyakarta and Surabaya as they will no longer have to transit in Jakarta," said PT Sriwijaya Air Group senior corporate communications manager Agus Soedjono as quoted by kompas.com on Wednesday.
Both flights will be available once per day using Boeing 737-300, which can accommodate 148 economy-class passengers. (kes)
- Why foreigners play American superheroes and that's (mostly) fine
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Indonesian militants can ‘easily’ enter Philippines
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs
- Nicki Minaj features Indonesian designer’s work in latest music video
- Role of women seen as vital to resisting Islamic extremism
- As KPK delves into BLBI, Jokowi says it was not Megawati's fault
- Nigerian man shot dead in drugs bust