Sriwijaya Air to offer new routes from Lampung
The Jakarta Post
Private carrier Sriwijaya Air is set to open new domestic routes from Lampung to Yogyakarta in Central Java and to Surabaya in East Java starting from March 22.
Available daily, the new service marks the airline's network expansion and efforts to increase the domestic flight market's potential, particularly in Sumatra.
"Hopefully this new service will be of help to passengers who want to travel directly to Yogyakarta and Surabaya as they will no longer have to transit in Jakarta," said PT Sriwijaya Air Group senior corporate communications manager Agus Soedjono as quoted by kompas.com on Wednesday.
Both flights will be available once per day using Boeing 737-300, which can accommodate 148 economy-class passengers. (kes)
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Turkey might hold referendum on EU membership: Erdogan
- Bandung wants more than ceremonial switch-off
- UK police still think London attacker acted alone