Tourism Minister, Aceh Governor officiate Sail Sabang 2017
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya together with Aceh Governor Irwandi Yusuf recently officiated the highly-anticipated Sail Sabang 2017 event at Sapta Pesona Building in Jakarta on Nov. 10.
Themed Trail of Sea Civilization, Sail Sabang 2017 will run from Nov. 28 until Dec. 5 and feature a total of 24 shows and competitions such as Jambore Iptek, Freediving Competition, Sabang Underwater Contest, Sales Mission Cruise Operator, Fishing Competition and other video and photography competitions.
The event’s finale will be on the second of December and will have 1000 of yachts from across the world and national ships such as KRI Bima taking part in the Toll Ship Parade. The main shows will be located at CT-3 Port and attended by President Joko Widodo.
There will also be a colossal dance performance from Laksamana Malahayati (female admirals from Aceh), national fishing boat parade and will feature Pemuda Nusantara Ship, Baruna Jaya IV and Baruna Jaya VIII research ships.
“We can make sure that Sail Sabang event is the biggest tourism event in Indonesia this year,” told Irwandi.
“With this event, we hope Sabang could become one of the most favorite destinations in the western part of Indonesia and contribute to the target of welcoming 20 million overseas tourists coming to Indonesia,” he added.
Aceh has already prepared accommodation for around 5,000 visitors with options include staying in floating lodgings at Pelni ships and yachts or in one of the 19 homestays available with 96 rooms.
For transportation, there are flights available to Sabang, an additional of three ships to accommodate three trips carrying up to 2,400 passengers per day and ferries to carry logistics.
“Sabang is known as a favorite destination for marine tourism because travelers can do plenty of activities here such as diving, snorkeling and other beach activities,” said Arief.
Last year, up until the month of November there were a total of 9,763 international tourists who came to Sabang. Additionally, in November last year Sabang welcomed 10 cruise ships carrying 6,137 international tourists and in June there were 37 yachts carrying 82 overseas international. (asw)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival