Toward sustainable cities in Southeast Asia
Jamal M. Gawi
International consultant on natural resource governance, climate change and biodiversity conservation
PREMIUM Population growth and urbanization are projected to add 2.5 billion people to the world’s urban population by 2050, with nearly 90 percent of the increase coming in Asia and Africa. In Southeast Asia, urbanization is one of the major trends currently shaping Southeast Asian societies. With a population of more than 630 million in 2015, more than 40 percent of whom have already urbanized a...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Record $27.5 mn settlement in NY Catholic child sex abuse case
- Instant Noodle Longform