Toward sustainable cities in Southeast Asia
Jamal M. Gawi
International consultant on natural resource governance, climate change and biodiversity conservation
PREMIUM Population growth and urbanization are projected to add 2.5 billion people to the world’s urban population by 2050, with nearly 90 percent of the increase coming in Asia and Africa. In Southeast Asia, urbanization is one of the major trends currently shaping Southeast Asian societies. With a population of more than 630 million in 2015, more than 40 percent of whom have already urbanized a...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- Garuda Indonesia records best OTP in Asia Pacific