'Waqf' the next best thing in finance
School of Economics lecturer at University of Indonesia
PREMIUM Bank Indonesia (BI) announced recently its plan to issue waqf (Islamic endowment) based bonds as a social welfare mechanism to support struggling commercial assets. The Indonesian Muslim Intellectual Association (ICMI) will also launch the very first waqf venture bank this June. Can waqf become next best thing in Islamic finance? Islamic economics and finance projects initiated in the early ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- RI awaits official KL apology on SEA Games 'flag incident’: Sports minister
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Indonesian Achievements Festival to recognize 72 'Icons'
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017