'Waqf' the next best thing in finance
School of Economics lecturer at University of Indonesia
PREMIUM Bank Indonesia (BI) announced recently its plan to issue waqf (Islamic endowment) based bonds as a social welfare mechanism to support struggling commercial assets. The Indonesian Muslim Intellectual Association (ICMI) will also launch the very first waqf venture bank this June. Can waqf become next best thing in Islamic finance? Islamic economics and finance projects initiated in the early ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos