Indonesian Women's March: When women and LGBT people unite
Writer of Coming Out and a lecturer of gender and sexuality studies
PREMIUM A crowd mostly wearing pink outfits assembled in front of the Sarinah Plaza on the morning of March 4. Young and old, men, women, transgenders and people with disability then walked together to the National Monument yelling, “Women move forward! They can’t be stopped! Women unite! They can’t be defeated!” Banners highlighting gender issues were raised up, rainbow color flag...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government