Indonesian Women's March: When women and LGBT people unite
Writer of Coming Out and a lecturer of gender and sexuality studies
PREMIUM A crowd mostly wearing pink outfits assembled in front of the Sarinah Plaza on the morning of March 4. Young and old, men, women, transgenders and people with disability then walked together to the National Monument yelling, “Women move forward! They can’t be stopped! Women unite! They can’t be defeated!” Banners highlighting gender issues were raised up, rainbow color flag...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey