INSIGHT: Overtaking right-wing populism in Indonesia?
Luky Djani and Olle Törnquist
Co-authors of Dilemmas of Populist Transactionalism (2017)
PREMIUM With the vote for Donald Trump and Brexit, it is common knowledge that increasingly large numbers of people affected by the ills of unregulated globalization are drawn to populist right wing nationalism rather than mainstream liberalism and social democracy. This challenge applies to the Global South too. In India, for example, the Hindu fundamentalists’ identity politics is thriving alon...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Obama’s Bali trip includes museum visit, rice terraces, rafting adventure
- 7-Eleven loses steam due to alcohol ban, tight margin: Business group
- Medan attack perpetrators want to steal weapons for next terrorist operations: Police
- Jokowi enjoys 'mudik' to Surakarta for Idul Fitri
- As maids enjoy 'mudik,' Greater Jakarta families stay at hotels
- Pakistan marks grim Eid after oil tanker inferno kills 153
- Medan Police attackers linked to IS: Police
- Do not return on weekend, toll road operator tells Jakartans
- Men mugged with lighter in Bekasi
- Jokowi praised for meeting with opposition Muslim organization during Idul Fitri