Ecotourism imperative for sector development
CEO of IndonesiaWISE
PREMIUM Indonesia has set itself an ambitious target of attracting 20 million tourists by 2019. In 2016, there were around 12 million foreign tourists so achieving this target seems somewhat of a stretch. Nonetheless, the steady increase in foreign arrivals when seen in conjunction with the growth in domestic tourism highlights the importance of the tourism sector for the Indonesian economy. Already it...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Obama’s visit to boost Indonesia’s tourism
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash