Ecotourism imperative for sector development
CEO of IndonesiaWISE
PREMIUM Indonesia has set itself an ambitious target of attracting 20 million tourists by 2019. In 2016, there were around 12 million foreign tourists so achieving this target seems somewhat of a stretch. Nonetheless, the steady increase in foreign arrivals when seen in conjunction with the growth in domestic tourism highlights the importance of the tourism sector for the Indonesian economy. Already it...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- Aceh highlights traditional cuisine to promote halal tourism
- South Korean national involved in fatal crash in South Jakarta
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival