INSIGHT: US Fed rate hike: Sell on fact
Chief economist of PT Danareksa
PREMIUM Last Wednesday the US Federal Reserve raised its key policy rate by 25 basis points to a range of 0.75 percent and 1 percent. This was widely expected as Janet Yellen had given strong signals in recent weeks. Contrary to simple logic, it raised stock market indices and lowered US treasury bond yields. Also the US dollar weakened a little against emerging market currencies. Why? And what does it...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Riau ups wildfire alert status
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Catholic leader forgives attacker of Yogyakarta church