INSIGHT: US Fed rate hike: Sell on fact
Chief economist of PT Danareksa
PREMIUM Last Wednesday the US Federal Reserve raised its key policy rate by 25 basis points to a range of 0.75 percent and 1 percent. This was widely expected as Janet Yellen had given strong signals in recent weeks. Contrary to simple logic, it raised stock market indices and lowered US treasury bond yields. Also the US dollar weakened a little against emerging market currencies. Why? And what does it...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Plagiarism: What can we learn from Afi's case
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats