INSIGHT: US Fed rate hike: Sell on fact
Chief economist of PT Danareksa
PREMIUM Last Wednesday the US Federal Reserve raised its key policy rate by 25 basis points to a range of 0.75 percent and 1 percent. This was widely expected as Janet Yellen had given strong signals in recent weeks. Contrary to simple logic, it raised stock market indices and lowered US treasury bond yields. Also the US dollar weakened a little against emerging market currencies. Why? And what does it...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit