A renewed hope for Aceh
Researcher at the Faculty of Education, The University of Hong Kong
PREMIUM Irwandi Yusuf won Aceh’s 2017 gubernatorial election after leading in the polls of the 2017 regional election. He was formally declared as the winner by the province’s election commission with 48 percent more votes over his opponent, Muzakkir Manaf. The Constitutional Court on Tuesday also rejected a challenge brought by his rival. Irwandi is not a new figure for Acehnese or th...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October