Taxing cross-border transactions
Co-founder of the Indonesian Tax Research Center
Conducting transactions digitally has become a method of tax avoidance, especially in developing countries such as Indonesia. By this way, providers can provide goods or services to customers in other countries without establishing a fixed office, because they can carry out transactions through the internet.
As a result, the tax base in the country where the income is generate...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Sandiaga Uno to establish sharia tourism zone in Jakarta
- Indonesia should think twice about military aid for Philippines: Expert
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta
- Death toll in Marawi could rise 'significantly': Military
- Palace denies President and Vice President to get salary increases
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- 17 new routes opened at AP II airports so far this year
- Fourth suspect named in N. Sumatra Police attack