Taxing cross-border transactions
Co-founder of the Indonesian Tax Research Center
Conducting transactions digitally has become a method of tax avoidance, especially in developing countries such as Indonesia. By this way, providers can provide goods or services to customers in other countries without establishing a fixed office, because they can carry out transactions through the internet.
As a result, the tax base in the country where the income is generate...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte