Taxing cross-border transactions
Co-founder of the Indonesian Tax Research Center
Conducting transactions digitally has become a method of tax avoidance, especially in developing countries such as Indonesia. By this way, providers can provide goods or services to customers in other countries without establishing a fixed office, because they can carry out transactions through the internet.
As a result, the tax base in the country where the income is generate...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Government praises Mitsubishi for exporting 21,000 Xpander vehicles
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Most boats in Thousand Islands unsafe: Committee
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh