Military operation in Marawi a risky option
PhD research student at the Center for International Security and Resilience
PREMIUM Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister Wiranto has indicated Indonesia’s readiness to get involved in a military operation against the terrorist group in Marawi in the southern Philippines. The government also plans to facilitate a multilateral meeting involving Australia, Brunei, Malaysia, New Zealand and the Philippines to establish international efforts to combat the ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia
- 52 alleged robbers shot by police ahead of Asian Games