INSIGHT: Globalization, G20 and the role of East Asia
Yose Rizal Damuri
Head of the department of economics at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
PREMIUM This weekend, the leaders of twenty of the biggest economies in the world will gather in Hamburg, Germany, to discuss various global issues, including terrorism, climate change and trade. With 85 percent of the world’s gross domestic product (GDP) and 80 percent of world trade in the control of this group, G20 Summit agendas have always greatly influenced global policy discourses. But this p...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling