ASEAN must nurture transformative trait
Indonesian foreign minister from 2009 to 2014
PREMIUM Without hesitation: ASEAN has mattered. Absent ASEAN, countries in Southeast Asia could have continued to be encumbered by deep divisions, distrust and animosity. Without ASEAN, countries of Southeast Asia could remain pawns in the proxy rivalries of extra-regional major powers. And a Southeast Asia without A SEAN could have only too easily followed cycles of conflictsunder development-polit...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends
- 'Asia Sentinel' apologizes to Yudhoyono, Dems
- Five destinations to be developed into one geopark
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world