ASEAN must nurture transformative trait
Indonesian foreign minister from 2009 to 2014
PREMIUM Without hesitation: ASEAN has mattered. Absent ASEAN, countries in Southeast Asia could have continued to be encumbered by deep divisions, distrust and animosity. Without ASEAN, countries of Southeast Asia could remain pawns in the proxy rivalries of extra-regional major powers. And a Southeast Asia without A SEAN could have only too easily followed cycles of conflictsunder development-polit...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- US policeman fatally shoots black guard who detained gunman