Independence Day observed: When will our people be free?
Executive director of the Partnership for Governance Reform in Indonesia
PREMIUM There is cause to be happy with the way Independence Day was celebrated this year. The choice to convey a message through the sporting of regional dress by the elite has been widely lauded by the majority of Indonesia’s citizens. Aug. 17 is the time for us to be grateful for all our blessings. However, it also behooves upon us to remember our less fortunate kin, and try yet again to give ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance