Independence Day observed: When will our people be free?
Executive director of the Partnership for Governance Reform in Indonesia
PREMIUM There is cause to be happy with the way Independence Day was celebrated this year. The choice to convey a message through the sporting of regional dress by the elite has been widely lauded by the majority of Indonesia’s citizens. Aug. 17 is the time for us to be grateful for all our blessings. However, it also behooves upon us to remember our less fortunate kin, and try yet again to give ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement