Combining 'waqf', fintech and venture capital
Fauziah R Yuniarti and Hasan Alatas
Contributing 60 percent to the gross domestic product (GDP) and 97 percent to the national workforce, small-and medium-scale enterprises (SMEs) are the backbone of the Indonesian economy. Despite their crucial roles, SMEs are still facing persistent issues.
The first issue is that SMEs have limited access to finance. Until 2014, from nearly 60 million SMEs, only 30 percent had acces...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- ASEAN endorses East Sea code proposal
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Two Vietnamese fishermen dead in Philippine navy chase
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- 39 countries to attend Asia-Europe transportation minister meeting
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- EDITORIAL: Making corrupt leaders pay