Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
Lina A. Alexandra
Senior researcher at the department of politics and international relations, Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
PREMIUM In response to the escalation of violence against the Rohingya minority in Rakhine state, Myanmar, calls have mounted for the deployment of peacekeeping forces, especially from Indonesia and Malaysia, which have shown their concern over the tragedy, to stop the humanitarian crisis. Ethnic cleansing is happening there, as nearly 400,000 Rohingya have fled their homeland to Bangladesh on account ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources