Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
Lina A. Alexandra
Senior researcher at the department of politics and international relations, Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
PREMIUM In response to the escalation of violence against the Rohingya minority in Rakhine state, Myanmar, calls have mounted for the deployment of peacekeeping forces, especially from Indonesia and Malaysia, which have shown their concern over the tragedy, to stop the humanitarian crisis. Ethnic cleansing is happening there, as nearly 400,000 Rohingya have fled their homeland to Bangladesh on account ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'