Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
Lina A. Alexandra
Senior researcher at the department of politics and international relations, Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
PREMIUM In response to the escalation of violence against the Rohingya minority in Rakhine state, Myanmar, calls have mounted for the deployment of peacekeeping forces, especially from Indonesia and Malaysia, which have shown their concern over the tragedy, to stop the humanitarian crisis. Ethnic cleansing is happening there, as nearly 400,000 Rohingya have fled their homeland to Bangladesh on account ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations
- Victoria's Secret to charm China with fashion gala