Sept. 30 affair, 52 years later and ahead of election year
Founder of Intermatrix Communications, which advises the civil society group Indigenous Peoples Alliance of the Archipelago (AMAN)
PREMIUM As we reminisce on experiences of Sept. 30, 1965, my friend of 56 years opened his remarks by an observation that resolved many questions. Who set off the drama? Who was to blame for the rural massacre? Was Gen. Soeharto the solution or the problem? Why are some people raising the Indonesian Communist Party (PKI) as a current issue? His perspective cut through the noise that has enveloped social m...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama