Narrow stress on 'rule of law' fails to protect peatland
Nirarta Samadhi and Dewi Tresya
PREMIUM It was a proud moment for Indonesia at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Bonn, Germany, in November 2017, when world leaders, including former United States vice president Al Gore, praised Indonesia’s efforts to restore and protect peatland to mitigate climate change. Such efforts, led by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, are indeed strategic and critical, especial...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- China gives airlines extension on one-nation rule for Taiwan
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- China to host Iranian president amid nuclear deal doubt