Narrow stress on 'rule of law' fails to protect peatland
Nirarta Samadhi and Dewi Tresya
PREMIUM It was a proud moment for Indonesia at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Bonn, Germany, in November 2017, when world leaders, including former United States vice president Al Gore, praised Indonesia’s efforts to restore and protect peatland to mitigate climate change. Such efforts, led by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, are indeed strategic and critical, especial...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- The warning signs get stronger
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community