Narrow stress on 'rule of law' fails to protect peatland
Nirarta Samadhi and Dewi Tresya
PREMIUM It was a proud moment for Indonesia at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Bonn, Germany, in November 2017, when world leaders, including former United States vice president Al Gore, praised Indonesia’s efforts to restore and protect peatland to mitigate climate change. Such efforts, led by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, are indeed strategic and critical, especial...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Trudeau begins India trip with Taj Mahal visit
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration