Narrow stress on 'rule of law' fails to protect peatland
Nirarta Samadhi and Dewi Tresya
PREMIUM It was a proud moment for Indonesia at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Bonn, Germany, in November 2017, when world leaders, including former United States vice president Al Gore, praised Indonesia’s efforts to restore and protect peatland to mitigate climate change. Such efforts, led by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, are indeed strategic and critical, especial...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- Sony's new super-fast cameras are winning over the pros
- Iran unveils next generation missile: Media
- School boy, 14, runs for Vermont governor
- China designs spacecraft to extend lifespan of satellites
- Former S. Korea presidential hopeful acquitted in sex abuse case
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Defending territorial integrity over Natuna islands
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world