Re-visiting ASEAN principles amid Indo-Pacific tension
V. Ignatius Randy Kasasih
MA candidate at Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies
PREMIUM Just before his recent visit to Jakarta, United States Secretary of Defense James Mattis revealed the first US National Defense Strategy (NDS) in 10 years at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies. The 2018 NDS acknowledges the return of the great-power competition in the American strategic perspective by positioning China and Russia as strategic competitors with the...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages